Beach Ordinances in Myrtle Beach
Beach ordinances vary according to beach municipality and are posted at public beach accesses. Obey these guidelines for your safety and enjoyment and for that of others around you.
Be aware of these regulations that apply to all locations:
- Sea Oats - It is illegal to cut, break, or otherwise destroy sea oat plants, beach grass, and sand fencing.
- Animals - Check each locality for animal restrictions as dogs and horses are not allowed on some beaches.
- Glass Containers - All glass containers are prohibited.
- Fireworks - Discharging fireworks is illegal.
- Swimming - Swimming is not permitted beyond 50 yards from the beach or in water over shoulder height.
- Piers - Jumping or diving from piers is prohibited